Being in a collision is scary for anyone and with the winter elements approaching us, it is good to know what to do after you’ve been in a collision. Everyone with a driver’s license can falter behind the wheel and the steps following can be confusing when thinking about filing an insurance claim. In order to help you better understand what to do we have outlined some important information for you to follow.
Most insurance companies have online claim forms that you can complete however you should get in direct contact with your insurance agent so that they can assist you further in the process. Your claim will need to include important information such as:
- Your name and your insurance information; the name of your insurance company and policy number, drivers license number, vehicle identification number, license plate number and the make and model of your vehicle
- Who was driving your vehicle at the time of the collision
- The name and insurance information of the other party involved in the collision; their insurance company, policy number, drivers license number, vehicle identification number, license plate number and the make and model of their vehicle
- The date, time and location of the incident
- Detailed description of the collision
- Pictures of the scene
- Pictures of the damage to the vehicles
- Contact information of anyone else involved in the collision and of any witness.
Obviously you should always drive safely and responsibly but accidents happen and it is always a good idea to be prepared with the information you may need if an accident happens.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone by (709)722-3282.
If you need to make a claim you can visit https://homeandauto.callegrow.com/claims/, or call us at (709) 722-3282 and we will be happy to assist you.